201811.09.2018 Leica is once again photography partner of PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai As the official photography partner for the fourth time in succession, Leica Camera AG will be presenting a multifaceted exhibition of images from the genre fashion photography at this year’s PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai (from 21 to 23 September 2018). With the works by Frank Horvat, Leica Camera AG is exhibiting photographs by one of the most influential photographers of the 20th century, whose fame is above all founded on his innovative contribution to fashion photography.
- 07.09.2018 A new design for an elegant classic The Leica Ultravid 8x20 and 10x25 have already become style classics, combining outstanding optical performance, extreme compactness and high-quality materials. Now Leica has improved essential details on both the black and the silver anodized compact binoculars. Featuring black leather applications, the Leica Ultravid binoculars are available in 8x20 and 10x25 magnifications, with housings in either silver or black.
- 06.09.2018 Max Pinckers is the winner of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2018 The winners of this year’s long-established and internationally acclaimed Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) photographic competition have been chosen. In the main category, ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’, Belgian photographer Max Pinckers convinced the five members of the jury with his series titled ‘Red Ink’. In the category ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer’ for up-and-coming photographers aged up to the age of 25, Mary Gelman from Russia won the award with her series titled ‘Svetlana’.
- 06.09.2018 photokina 2018: Visitors to the Leica Camera stand in Hall 2.2 can look forward to a discovering a comprehensive portfolio of products and services The focus of Leica’s appearance at photokina 2018 in Cologne is not only set on the extremely diverse product portfolio of the traditional manufacturer from Wetzlar, but also on the Leitz Park itself. At Leica, everything has always revolved around the picture, the school of visualisation, the history of photography, the vibrancy of photographic culture and the people behind the cameras – in other words, DAS WESENTLICHE. Since the opening of the Leitz Park complex on 15 June 2018, all this is now a visible and tangible experience.
- 21.08.2018 Leica M10-P: a new level of understatement With the Leica M10-P, Leica Camera AG presents a further model in the Leica rangefinder camera segment. Based on the M10, the M10-P offers all the technical advantages of the Leica M rangefinder system and, in details, focuses on the characteristic core features that are particularly appreciated by M-Photographers. Exceptionally discreet and concentrating entirely on the most essential camera functions, the Leica M10-P embodies the essence of the M-Philosophy and raises the traditional understatement of the M-Series to a new and even higher level.
The Leica Elpro 52 Close-up Attachment for Leica M- and TL-Lenses enables macro photography in extraordinarily high quality
With Leica Elpro 52, Leica Camera AG has expanded its portfolio of accessories with a new close-up attachment that extends the capabilities of selected Leica M- and TL-Lenses to include macro photography. The optical construction of the Leica Elpro 52 comprises two cemented lens elements with anti-reflex multicoating and the attachment is designed to be screwed into the filter thread of the lens. The attachment reduces the close focus distance and the considerably increased reproduction ratio enables impressively detailed close-up images in exceptional quality. Thanks to its compact size and light weight, the overall handling of the lens remains unaffected when the attachment is mounted.
- 11.07.2018 Leica Rangemaster CRF 2400-R With the new Leica CRF 2400-R, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar) presents a laser rangefinder which allows distance determination of up to 2,400 yards (2,200 metres). In addition, the Leica Rangemaster CRF 2400-R offers a new LED display for even better readability of the scanned distance and ballistic data.
- 29.06.2018 Extensive updates for Leica Cameras: New Firmware releases with numerous improvements and entirely new functions Leica Camera AG has released a series of extensive firmware updates for the Leica M10, Leica Q, Leica CL, Leica TL2 and Leica T/TL camera models. Alongside further improvements of existing features, these updates also introduce a considerable number of new camera functions.
- 15.06.2018 Limited edition to celebrate the opening of the Leitz-Park To celebrate the inauguration of the third phase of the Leitz Park complex, Leica Camera AG presents a strictly limited edition of selected camera models. All of the versions for this occasion have unique design features.
- 15.06.2018 Today, Leica Camera AG is celebrating the opening of the new complex in Wetzlar Today, Leica Camera AG is celebrating the opening of the new Leitz-Park complex in Wetzlar. Two years after the first ground was broken on the Schanzenfeld site by the south-east gate of the City of Wetzlar, a unique complex has now been completed that unites spectacular architecture with cultural highlights and the development of pioneering technologies.