201312.12.2013 Leica Camera AG and LFI present: the Me and My Leica X Photo Contest Leica Camera AG, Solms, and LFI Photographie GmbH are holding an exclusive photo contest for Leica X users. Under the motto ‘Me and My Leica X Photo Contest’, anyone who uses a Leica X Vario, X2 or X1 can submit their own, very personal, special moments captured with an X camera and have the chance to win one of a number of exciting prizes.
- 26.11.2013 Leica Camera AG takes over Sinar Photography AG, the Swiss manufacturer of view cameras On Monday, Leica Camera AG, Solms, finalised the takeover of Sinar Photography AG, Zurich, the Swiss manufacturer of view cameras.
- 25.11.2013 Leica M for (RED) This Saturday evening saw photography and auction history in the making at the famed Sotheby’s auction house in New York. The clearly most expensive digital camera the world has ever seen, a Leica M designed exclusively for the charity organisation ‘(RED)’, found a new owner for the record hammer price of 1.8 million US dollars.
- 25.11.2013 New Leica wall calendar for 2014 Leica Camera AG, Solms, presents a new wall calendar for 2014 featuring 12 black-and-white images by Leica photographer René Burri.
- 21.11.2013 Leica Camera AG and the WWT combine their efforts for the protection of the endangered spoon-billed sandpiper The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) and Leica Camera AG are working together to rescue the critically endangered spoon-billed sandpiper from extinction.
New design variation. The LEICA D-LUX 6 in high-gloss finish
Leica Camera AG, Solms, presents a design variation of the Leica D-Lux 6 digital compact camera. In addition to the discreetly elegant model in matt black, the camera will now be available from December 2013 in an alternative version with a high-gloss, two-colour, finish. A particular feature of this newly designed finish is the combination of a silver lens and a high-gloss black camera body that lends this camera its elegant appearance.
- 08.10.2013 New: LEICA ULTRAVID COLORLINE Leica Camera AG, Solms, has expanded its Ultravid range of compact, high quality binoculars. In addition to the classic models with black leather trim, the Leica Ultravid 8 x 20 and Leica Ultravid 10 x 25 are now also available as ‘Leica Ultravid Colorline’ versions with coloured leather trim.
- 08.10.2013 Precise, easy to use, reliable: new Leica photographic accessories, ‘Made in Germany’ Leica Camera AG, Solms, has expanded its product portfolio and now offers premium-quality accessories ‘Made in Germany’.
- 08.10.2013 Leica Digital Rangefinder Camera designed by Jony Ive and Marc Newson to join more than 40 rare and exceptional objects in (RED) Auction at Sotheby’s New York A truly unique Leica Digital Rangefinder Camera designed by Jony Ive and Marc Newson will join more than 40 other rare and diverse items in the (RED) Auction on November 23rd 2013. Based on the Leica M, the camera will be auctioned to raise money for The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- 23.09.2013 New firmware update FW 188.8.131.52 for the LEICA S and LEICA S2 (FW 184.108.40.206) Leica Camera AG, Solms, has posted the latest firmware updates for the Leica S (FW 220.127.116.11) and the Leica S2/S2-P (FW 18.104.22.168) on the Leica website.