201820.11.2018 Leica D-Lux 7: compact size meets high performance Leica Camera AG presents a new model in the Leica D-Lux line. The high-performance compact camera features a fast Leica DC Vario-Summilux 10.9–34 mm f/1.7–2.8 ASPH. zoom lens (equivalent to 24–75 mm in 35 mm format) that, in combination with the camera’s new, higher-resolution four-thirds sensor, delivers outstanding picture quality in all shooting situations. A performance profile extended by numerous new functions and features such as a touchscreen display, Bluetooth connectivity and USB charging capability makes the new Leica D-Lux 7 an ideal everyday companion and an extremely versatile camera that offers a maximum of photographic freedom for capturing unique moments in impressive picture quality.
- 13.11.2018 Leica V-Lux Explorer Kit: From today, the ideal camera for travel, sport and outdoor photography is available again as a set The Leica V-Lux, the universal compact camera for travel, wildlife and sports photography, is on sale again in a set with additional accessories. Alongside the camera, this set once again includes a system bag from the exclusive ‘ONA for Leica’ collection – this time, ‘The Bowery for Leica, Canvas, Field Tan’. The robust bag is distinguished by its style and functionality. With its cleverly designed features and variable inner compartments, it offers optimum protection and ample space for the safe stowage of the camera kit and personal items. The V-Lux Explorer Kit also includes a ‘Leica Rope Strap Red designed by COOPH’. Made from the same material used for climbing ropes, and featuring elements in Italian leather, this simultaneously robust and elegant carrying strap ideally complements the travel set and ensures safe and comfortable carrying of the camera in every situation.
- 06.11.2018 Leica Q-P: The design of the new model of the Leica Q series concentrates on understatement With the Leica Q-P, Leica Camera AG presents a further model of its high-performance compact camera with a full-frame sensor and a fast prime lens. Lacking the Leica red dot logo, but instead featuring a restrained, classic Leica script engraved on the top plate, the discreet design of the Leica Q-P sets it apart from the existing Leica Q models in silver and black. The matt black paint finish of the camera body is especially resilient and underlines its refined and elegant looks. A new feature of the Leica Q-P is a shutter release button that replicates those of the Leica M and CL cameras.
- 30.10.2018 Leica Camera AG at Paris Photo 2018 At this year’s Paris Photo (8 – 11 November 2018) – the prestigious fine art photography fair, Leica Camera AG will be presenting the two winning portfolios from the Leica Oskar Barnack Awards (LOBA) 2018. The winner in the main category is Belgian photographer Max Pinckers, with his portfolio titled ‘Red Ink’. The Newcomer Award for up-and-coming photographers up to the age of 25 was won by Mary Gelman from Russia with her series titled ‘Svetlana’.
- 24.10.2018 Leica M10-D: Digital heart, analogue soul With the Leica M10-D, Leica Camera AG transports the analogue experience into the world of digital photography. In place of the monitor screen, it offers a mechanical dial for exposure compensation and an integrated swing-out thumb rest for additional stability – and thus perfects the association with the analogue models of the Leica M. Photography with the Leica M10-D is an experience focused sharply on essential aspects that concentrate on the elementary parameters for image creation, such as composition, aperture, shutter speed and the ISO sensitivity value. The latest M model does not, however, limit itself solely to the analogue facets of its character. In combination with the equally new Leica FOTOS app, it provides many of the features and functions offered by a modern, high-performance digital camera.
- 16.10.2018 The 33rd WestLicht Camera Auction on 24 November 2018 once again offers numerous Leica rarities On 24 November 2018, the latest auction at the WestLicht auction rooms in Vienna will again be offering numerous rarities from the worlds of Leitz / Leica. Among the highlights of the more than 500 lots, bidders will find the Leica M2 used by the famous US combat photographer Sean Flynn, son of the Hollywood legend Errol Flynn. The camera accompanied him not only on his assignments in the Vietnam war, but also in the civil war in neighbouring Cambodia, the Six Days War in Israel and on his travels throughout Indonesia or Europe.
- 10.10.2018 Leica Q ‘Khaki’: New special edition with khaki-coloured leather trim, classic Leica script and proven camera features Leica Camera AG is now offering the Leica Q high-performance compact camera with a full-frame sensor and a fast prime lens as a limited special edition. Featuring premium real leather trim in khaki, the new camera stands out from the previously released classic models and sets a colourful highlight in the Leica Q family. The engraving of the classic Leica script on the top plate of this special edition is also filled in matching khaki. A carrying strap in the same colour underlines the stylish design of the silver camera body and lends the special edition a look reminiscent of the classic Leica M ‘Safari’ models.
- 25.09.2018 The Leitz-Park in Wetzlar: A unique experience and a source of inspiration The focus of Leica’s appearance at photokina 2018 in Cologne is not only set on the extremely diverse product portfolio of the traditional manufacturer from Wetzlar, but also on the Leitz-Park itself. At Leica, everything has always revolved around the picture, the school of visualisation, the history of photography, the vibrancy of photographic culture and the people behind the cameras – in other words, DAS WESENTLICHE. Since the opening of the Leitz-Park complex on 15 June 2018, all this has now become a visible and tangible experience.
- 25.09.2018 Leica FOTOS: universal app for smartphones enters public testing phase in time for photokina 2018 Leica Camera AG today announces an entirely new photo app for Leica cameras – Leica FOTOS. As everyday companions, today’s smartphones handle a number of tasks in a single device. Alongside the usual functions, photographers often also wish to have mobile digital image processing, image management and options for sharing their pictures onboard. In the past, Leica Camera offered a wide range of apps that could be downloaded and installed for various different cameras. As of now, the Leica FOTOS app replaces them all.
- 25.09.2018 Alternative design option for the Leica CL Leica Camera AG has expanded the product portfolio of the APS-C system and is now offering a second design option of the Leica CL compact system camera in silver. Inspired by the iconic design of the black CL, the new design option is distinguished by its classical combination of black and silver elements. The top deck and the baseplate are silver anodised and create a distinctive contrast to the black of the leather trim. The control elements of the top deck are also finished in silver and ideally complement the elegant appearance of the camera. To improve handling, a colour-matched thumb rest is now also available in silver as an accessory for the new model.