201917.10.2019 Walter Vogel has been honoured with the Leica Hall of Fame Award Walter Vogel – his repertoire of subjects is diverse, and his style is unmistakeable. Whether as a chronicler of the social background of the Ruhr Region, a cosmopolitan travel photographer, an avid fan of the circus, a nighthawk of the cabaret and night club scene or a lover of espresso coffee: the experienced eye and perfect precision with which he documents his times in unforgettable images is instantly recognisable. In November, Walter Vogel will be honoured for his lifework and his indefatigable and exceptional engagement as a photographer at the Leica Galerie Wetzlar and will take his place as the next photographer in the Leica Hall of Fame. A selection of his photographs will be on view at the Leica Galerie Wetzlar from 14 November 2019 to 27 January 2020.
- 26.09.2019 Leica Camera AG and Yuneec announce strategic technology partnership Leica Camera AG and Yuneec have today announced their agreement on a strategic technology partnership. This announcement presents the jointly developed ION L1 Pro Camera, which will be marketed with the Typhoon H3 Multicopter from Yuneec. Leica Camera provided support in the specification and development of hardware components and the image processing software. The consequence of this is outstanding image quality, intuitive handling, professional image processing capabilities and iconic Leica design. The joint development of the ION L1 Pro Camera is to be seen only as the first step in the collaboration between Leica Camera and Yuneec.
- 17.09.2019 New: LEICA M MONOCHROM “Signature” by Andy Summers A flawless union of supreme craftsmanship, rock ‘n’ roll and photography comes to life with the introduction of Leica and Fender Custom Shop’s limited-edition camera-Stratocaster® guitar pairing. Created in collaboration with Andy Summers, an accomplished photographer, former member of the Grammy® award-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted band The Police and one of the greatest guitarists in the world, the LEICA M MONOCHROM “Signature” by Andy Summers camera represents a striking synergy of music and photography.
- 03.09.2019 Mustafah Abdulaziz is the winner of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2019 The winners of this year’s long-established and internationally acclaimed Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) photographic competition have been chosen. In the main category, ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’, American photographer Mustafah Abdulaziz convinced the five members of the jury with his series titled ‘Water’. In the category ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer’ for up-and-coming photographers up to the age of 28, German photographer Nanna Heitmann won the award with her project titled ‘Hiding from Baba Yaga’.
- 15.08.2019 Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH.: A versatile standard focal length has been added to the lens portfolio for the Leica SL and other L-Mount systems Leica Camera AG has expanded the Summicron-SL lens family with another high-performance lens: the Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH. Its focal length makes the new SL-Lens extremely versatile and recommends it for use in almost any situation – for instance, reportage and travel photography, studio work, architectural, landscape, portrait, close-up or documentary photography. As is the case with the other Summicron-SL lenses, the APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH. sets standards and takes its place as the new reference lens among the standard focal lengths.
- 01.08.2019 Leica Geovid "2019 Edition" Leica Geovid binoculars, the benchmark in laser rangefinding, are reliable, indispensable companions for many hunters. Beginning in August, Leica offers the Geovid 8x42 HD-B 3000 and the Geovid 10x42 HD-B 3000 in a special “2019 Edition” – with new, olive-green armoring. Both models will be available in limited quantities only until March 2020.
- 25.07.2019 Leica Fortis 6 2.5-15 x 56i Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) expands the successful Leica Fortis 6 series with another riflescope: the Fortis 6 2.5-15 x 56i. The perfect combination of high optical imaging performance and sleek design makes the Fortis 6 2.5-15 x 56i unique among riflescopes with 6x zoom and a 56-mm lens diameter.
- 11.07.2019 Chief Financial Officer is leaving Leica Camera AG Leica Camera AG, an internationally photographic technology company and manufacturer of premium cameras and lenses, would like to announce the following change in the company’s management level staff. Ronald Marcel Peters, board member responsible for Finance, Controlling, Human Resources, IT, Legal and Compliance und Facility Management since 2012 will be leaving the company at his own request on 15 July 2019 to address new challenges in the Netherlands. Mr Peters has held the position of Company CFO since 2012.
- 10.07.2019 As many different facets as life itself: the Leica V-Lux 5 With the Leica V-Lux 5, Leica Camera AG presents one of the most versatile and multifaceted cameras in its product portfolio. A particularly high-performance zoom lens and a newly developed, larger sensor ensure excellent imaging performance. Its bright and clear OLED electronic viewfinder and a fully articulated touchscreen panel on the back make composition easy and efficient. Thanks to fast autofocus and a high continuous-shooting rate the camera reliably captures every detail, while innovative exposure modes like Focus Stacking and Post-focusing enrich its wide range of functions. The addition of modern and ground-breaking connectivity features – in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS App – makes the Leica V-Lux 5 a universal, high-performance camera for all photographic needs.
- 08.07.2019 Express yourself and capture life with Leica’s brand new accessories for women This summer Leica launches its long-awaited accessory collection dedicated to women who care about their image and the ones they create. The leather accessory collection consists of a limited-edition wicker basket and shopping tote, and two chic protectors for the new Leica Q2. The accessories are designed and handcrafted in Europe, and made from the finest Italian and Spanish leather.