201727.04.2017 New Leica Magnus non illuminated riflescopes Leica Camera AG is launching three non-illuminated versions of its highly successful range of Magnus riflescopes: Magnus 1.5–10 x 42, Magnus 1.8–12 x 50, and Magnus 2.4–16 x 56. With these non illuminated Magnus riflescopes Leica Sport Optics offers the perfect optical equipment for any day light hunting.
- 25.04.2017 Leica Camera AG returns for the second year as official partner of ‘La Semaine de la Critique’ du Festival de Cannes 2017 This year, Leica Camera AG is returning to its role as Official Partner of ‘La Semaine de la Critique’ du Festival de Cannes for the second time in succession, and will be awarding the ‘Leica Cine Discovery Prize’ together with its affiliate CW Sonderoptic GmbH. The ‘La Semaine de la Critique’ (taking place from 18 to 26 May 2017) focuses on the work of young and innovative filmmakers and is considered to be one of the world’s most influential film festivals.
- 24.04.2017 The acclaimed ‘Eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica photography’ exhibition will be on view in Madrid from 11 May 2017 Following successful showings in Hamburg, Frankfurt/Main, Berlin, Vienna, Munich, Ghent and Porto, the works by famous Leica photographers are now preparing to take visitors to the exhibition’s next stop in Madrid on an exciting journey through time. The Espacio Fundación Telefónica will be presenting the spectacular ‘Eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica photography’ exhibition from 11 May to 10 September 2017.
- 13.04.2017 Leica Camera AG strengthens its Management Board The progressive internationalisation of Leica, new cooperations and, in particular, the realignment of the sales force present additional challenges for all areas of the company. The Supervisory Board of Leica Camera AG has therefore decided to strengthen the Management Board and redistribute its responsibilities. In addition to the Finance and Development/Production departments, Leica has decided to create a new Sales, Marketing and Communication department within the Management Board. In order to be able to act quickly and competently, Matthias Harsch will assume this department with immediate effect. He will lead the department on an interim basis for nine months.
- 11.04.2017 Leica Camera und LC Light & Imaging Systems expand their activities in the industrial segment With the founding of LC Light & Imaging Systems GmbH, Leica Camera AG strengthens its presence in the international B2B segment. Dipl.-Ing. Jakob Bleicher has been at the helm of the full-owned Leica subsidiary in Munich since January 2017 and, together with Leica board member Markus Limberger, is responsible for the management of LC Light & Imaging Systems GmbH.
- 05.04.2017 Leica to exhibit brand new work by Jacob Aue Sobol at Photo London 2017 For the second year running, Leica Camera will be the Official Partner of Photo London. Eighty-seven of the world's leading galleries will exhibit at the fair this year. Building on the success of the previous two editions, Photo London 2017 will showcase the best in contemporary and historic photography to a growing international audience of collectors and enthusiasts intrigued by the rich history of the medium and its future directions. At the third annual Photo London fair (18-21 May 2017), Leica Camera will exhibit Jacob Aue Sobol: ‘Road of Bones’, a new body of work by the Danish Magnum Photographer. Featuring photography never previously exhibited, this debut collection incorporates poignant images captured in desolate locations, including Yakutia in Russia.
- 02.03.2017 New accessories for Leica cameras and binoculars from COOPH and Gitzo Leica Camera AG presents new accessories for cameras and binoculars. From today, the product portfolio now also features Leica Rope Straps, a selection of carrying straps designed by COOPH. These are offered in a range of four different colours and are a stylish accessory for any camera or pair of binoculars. Also new, and now available from Leica Stores, is an extensive range of high-quality tripods made by Gitzo, the camera equipment specialist from Italy.
- 02.03.2017 New: Leica Visus 1–4 x 24 i LW Leica Sport Optics expands its Visus i LW product line with a new model: the Leica Visus 1–4 x 24 i LW, a new model especially for driven hunt. The new Leica Visus riflescope – as the Leica Visus 2.5-10 x 42 i LW and the Visus 3-12 x 50 i LW - offers users exceptional product design and surface finishes.
- 02.03.2017 25 Years of Leica Rangefinding For 25 years now, Leica has enjoyed the reputation of being the pioneer and market leader in the field of laser rangefinding. The Leica Geovid (1992) was the world’s first pair of binoculars with an integrated rangefinder. In honor of this anniversary Leica Sport Optics presents two of its latest top laser rangefinding models in popular olive green armoring.
- 22.02.2017 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2017: Beginning of the submission phase and announcement of the members of the international jury The Leica Oskar Barnack Award, the long-established competition for photographers from around the world, now enters the next round. From 1 March to 10 April 2017, professional photographers and up-and-coming photographers aged up to 25 can submit their entries to the prestigious photographic competition staged by Leica Camera AG. From 1 March 2017, entry forms and the terms and conditions of entry will be available from the competition website at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com. To take part, entrants must submit a self-contained series of between ten and a maximum of twelve images in which the photographer perceives and documents the interaction between people and their environment in creative and groundbreaking style. Eligible for submission are series of photographs captured in 2016 and 2017 or work from long-term projects including at least some photographs made in this period.