201726.10.2017 Leica Q silver: a new colour option for the full-frame compact camera Leica Camera AG presents a version of its high-performance compact camera with the full-frame sensor and fast prime lens: The Leica Q in silver. The new colour version impresses with a combination of black and silver elements. The top plate and the baseplate have been silver anodised and the rear shell has the refined look of classic black paint. The characteristic, high-grip pattern of the black leather trim from the serial production model has been maintained, while the control elements on the top plate of the new version are now in silver. The design concept is complemented by engravings of the feet scale and the focal length numbers on the lens picked out in a shade of red that sets a colourful accent in the classic look of the camera.
- 19.10.2017 Leica Camera AG presents the ‘LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi’ special edition of the Leica SOFORT Leica Camera AG presents the first worldwide special edition of its versatile instant picture camera: the Leica SOFORT ‘LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi’. The outcome of the collaboration with the Franco-Italian photographer, entrepreneur and art collector is a particularly eye-catching, bright and colourful special version of the camera. The visual highlight of the unique look is ‘Mr. Limo’ – the logo of the LimoLand fashion label created by Jean Pigozzi – which adorns the front and back of the white version of the SOFORT camera. As colourful as life itself, the Leica SOFORT ‘LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi’ stands as a new icon for the sheer joy and endless fun of instant photography.
- 18.10.2017 Gianni Berengo Gardin receives the Leica Hall of Fame Award The lifework of Gianni Berengo Gardin, probably the most highly acclaimed Italian photographer of the post-war years, will be honoured with the Leica Hall of Fame Award by Leica Camera AG in Rome on 15 November 2017. A selection of his work will be presented in the major exhibition ‘Grandi Maestri. 100 Anni di Fotografia Leica’ in the Complesso del Vittoriano – Ala Brasini from 16 November 2017 to 18 February 2018.
- 17.10.2017 Leica Camera AG presents a modern renaissance of the classic lens – the Leica Thambar-M 1:2.2/90 A legend reborn: following the Leica Summaron-M 1:5.6/28, Leica Camera AG has further expanded its lens portfolio with the Thambar-M 1:2.2/90, the modern renaissance of another classic lens. Just like its namesake from 1935, the contemporary incarnation of the lens is distinguished by its characteristic soft-focus effect and unmistakeable bokeh. Its focal length of 90 mm is suitable for photography in a multitude of scenarios and is as good as predestined for capturing portraits with a uniquely aesthetic atmosphere that cannot be reproduced in digital postprocessing. The new Thambar-M is thus an exciting addition to the existing Leica M lens portfolio and brings photographers entirely new possibilities for creative composition.
- 16.10.2017 Leica Rangemaster CRF 2700-B Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) presents the new Leica Rangemaster CRF 2700-B capable of precise measurement of distances up to 2700 yards (2470 meters). The CRF 2700-B also boasts the renowned ballistics system ABC® (Advanced Ballistic Compensation). Thanks to an integrated microSD memory card slot, users can upload their ballistic data to the rangemaster.
- 18.09.2017 Leica Eyecare – Leica Camera AG now enters the market for ophthalmic lenses in a cooperative venture with Novacel Leica Camera AG expands its business activities. From 1 October, the product portfolio of the premium manufacturer from Wetzlar will be adding ophthalmic lenses to its existing portfolio of cameras, lenses and sport optics products. The innovative, high-quality Leica spectacle lenses will be developed in collaboration with Novacel and produced in France. The Leica Eyecare product portfolio will be distributed by Novacel and the lenses will be available from ophthalmic opticians.
- 14.09.2017 Leica Camera AG honours the winners of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award in the course of a formal gala event Yesterday evening, the two photographers, Terje Abusdal and Sergey Melnitchenko, were honoured with the prestigious Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) and Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer before an audience of around 300 guests in Berlin’s Saint Elisabeth church. The international jury of experts had chosen a total of twelve finalists from the 2,700 portfolios of photographs submitted for the competition. This year, the long-established, international award was presented for the 37th time – the formal gala event was hosted by Till Brönner, the acclaimed jazz trumpeter and an accomplished Leica photographer.
- 31.08.2017 Leica is once again photography partner of ‘PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai’ As the official photography partner for the third time in succession, Leica Camera AG will be presenting a multifaceted exhibition of images from the genre street photography at this year’s PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai (from 8 to 10 September 2017). The exhibition will be featuring iconic works by world famous and highly acclaimed Magnum photographer Elliott Erwitt, pictures by Joel Meyerowitz, one of the most prominent representatives of US-American street and colour photography and also a Leica Hall of Fame Award winner, photography by Matt Stuart, the rising international star of Leica street photography and the young Chinese street and documentary photographer Ya’nan Li.
- 24.08.2017 Leica V-Lux Explorer Kit: From today, the universal compact camera is now also available as a set with added extras From today, the universal compact camera for travel, wildlife and sports photography - the Leica V-Lux - is also available as a set with additional accessories. In addition to the camera, the set includes a ‘Bowery for Leica, Nylon, black’ system bag from the exclusive ‘ONA for Leica’ bag collection. The robust bag is distinguished by its style and functionality. With its cleverly designed features and variable inner compartments, it offers optimum protection and ample space for the safe stowage of the camera kit and personal items. The set also includes a ‘Leica Rope Strap designed by COOPH’ in red.
- 24.08.2017 Matthias Harsch named as the new CEO at Leica Camera AG The Supervisory Board of Leica Camera AG has appointed Mr Matthias Harsch (52) as the Chief Executive Officer of Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, as of 1 September 2017.