201801.02.2018 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2018 The prestigious international photographic competition staged by Leica Camera AG enters the next round. From 1 March to 5 April 2018, professional photographers and up-and-coming photographers aged up to 25 will be able to submit entries for the prestigious Leica Oskar Barnack Award online. The competition calls for the submission of self-contained series of between ten and a maximum of twelve images in which the photographers perceive and document the interaction between man and their environment in creative and groundbreaking style. Eligible for submission are series of photographs captured in 2017 and 2018 or work from long-term projects including at least one photograph made in this period. Entry forms and the terms and conditions of entry will be available from the competition website at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com from 1 March 2018.
- 15.01.2018 New prime lenses for the Leica SL-System: Superior performance and the finest arts of engineering in compact design The APO-Summicron-SL 75 mm f/2 ASPH. and the APO-Summicron-SL 90 mm f/2 ASPH. are the first two of a new line of high-performance lenses for the Leica SL-System. The focal lengths of the two SL-Lenses are ideal for all genres of photography and are particularly suitable for portraiture. While the APO-Summicron-SL 75 mm f/2 ASPH., for example, enables natural portraits, the APO-Summicron-SL 90 mm f/2 ASPH. is a classic focal length for portraiture and creates the often desired slight compression of perspectives. Both lenses are perfectly matched to the SL-System and – just like all currently available and future SL-Lenses – have been designed and constructed for a long service life in professional use.
- 04.01.2018 A new era of laser rangefinding Leica Geovid binoculars set the standard in the segment of laser rangefinding, and they are reliable and indispensable companions for many hunters. With the first Leica Geovid binoculars Leica started a new era of responsible expert hunting 25 years ago. Now Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar) has upgraded its successful Geovid models by essential technical features – setting new standards.
201714.12.2017 Leica M (Typ 262) ‘red anodized finish’: Special limited edition in a unique look Leica Camera AG presents a new addition to the Leica rangefinder system – the Leica M (Typ 262) ‘red anodized finish’ in a special limited edition. The unique feature of this camera edition is its colour scheme. The top plate and the baseplate of the Leica M (Typ 262) are machined from solid aluminium and anodized in red. This lends the camera a unique look that perfectly matches the colour of the special edition of the Leica Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. lens released in 2016. The exclusiveness of this striking edition is further underlined by the strictly limited number of examples: As was the case with the lens, the Leica M (Typ 262) ‘red anodized finish’ edition is also strictly limited to 100 examples of the camera for the world market, each with a unique serial number. The Leica M (Typ 262) ‘red anodized finish’ is available from today.
- 30.11.2017 Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. ‘LHSA’: Special edition to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the ‘The International Leica Society’ (LHSA) For the past 50 years, ‘The International Leica Society’ (LHSA) has dedicated itself to research, the history of Leica and the use of the company’s products. The beginning of the celebration of the 50th anniversary in 2018 will be marked by the launch of a special edition of the Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. produced especially for the occasion. The appearance of the lens is reminiscent of the Summicron 50 mm f/2 from 1954. The special edition thus unites the outstanding imaging performance of the current lens – which was the first to be able to fully exploit the contrast and resolution offered by modern digital cameras – with the look of the nineteen-fifties.
- 30.11.2017 Leica Camera AG records strong revenue growth for the 2016/2017 financial year and bucks the downward trend in the camera market The Leica Camera Group achieved revenue of almost 400 million euros in the past financial year 2016/2017 (31 March 2017) and can therefore look back very positively on the previous twelve-month period. With strong revenue growth of more than six per cent, Leica bucked the overall downward trend in the global camera market, which declined by around 10 per cent in the same period.
- 29.11.2017 Leica Noctilux-M 75 mm f/1.25 ASPH.: A new extremely fast lens enriches the Leica M-System lens portfolio For more than 50 years, the name ‘Noctilux’ has been a synonym for exceptionally fast lenses with an optical design that verges on the limits of what is physically possible. Today, Leica Camera AG has added a new highlight to the lens portfolio – the Leica Noctilux-M 75 mm f/1.25 ASPH. Together with exceptional imaging performance and unique bokeh, its gossamer-thin depth of focus isolates subjects with extreme precision and makes it a truly exceptional lens. Its focal length of 75 mm makes it especially suitable for the creation of portraits with a natural look.
- 21.11.2017 The Leica APS-C System Leica Camera AG has expanded its APS-C System product portfolio. The Leica TL2 has now been joined by the Leica CL, a further camera with a high-resolution, 24 MP, APS-C format sensor. Also new in the system is the Elmarit-TL 1:2.8/18 ASPH. lens. This wide-angle offers imaging performance and compact dimensions that ideally complement both cameras and is available not only in black, but also in a silver anodised version. Thanks to these new additions, the Leica APS-C System now offers a diversified portfolio of cameras and lenses that combine compact design with exceptional picture quality and enable users to experience a truly special kind of photography.
- 21.11.2017 New camera Leica CL expands the Leica APS-C System Leica Camera AG has expanded its APS-C System product portfolio with a new camera that unites innovative technologies, extremely easy handling and iconic design: the Leica CL. Its ideal balance between state-of-the-art technology, mechanical precision and compact construction makes it the perfect everyday companion – especially for spontaneous and discreet pictures.
- 26.10.2017 Leica Q silver: a new colour option for the full-frame compact camera Leica Camera AG presents a version of its high-performance compact camera with the full-frame sensor and fast prime lens: The Leica Q in silver. The new colour version impresses with a combination of black and silver elements. The top plate and the baseplate have been silver anodised and the rear shell has the refined look of classic black paint. The characteristic, high-grip pattern of the black leather trim from the serial production model has been maintained, while the control elements on the top plate of the new version are now in silver. The design concept is complemented by engravings of the feet scale and the focal length numbers on the lens picked out in a shade of red that sets a colourful accent in the classic look of the camera.