202021.02.2020 New product versions as limited editions: LEICA M10 MONOCHROM ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ and LEICA SUMMILUX-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ Due to the enormous demand for the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Leitz Wetzlar’, launched in November 2019 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the founding of ‘Ernst Leitz Wetzlar’, Leica is now offering a second edition of the product version. The Leica M10 Monochrom ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ is now available as the successor to the M-Camera with a black-and-white image sensor featuring the traditional and extremely popular ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ engraving on the top plate. The Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ is also being offered as a limited edition. The unique feature of this lens is the grey and white colouring of its engravings and scales. The retaining ring for the front element of the lens is additionally engraved with the name ‘Leitz Wetzlar’.
- 18.02.2020 Firmware update significantly improves the performance of the Leica Q2 Thanks to an update to the firmware for the Leica Q2, the successful compact camera with full-frame sensor is now able to offer numerous new features, along with noticeable enhancements to many aspects of its performance. Many of these improvements have been implemented in response to feedback received from Q2 photographers. These include a selectable AF field size, changes to the Touch AF mode (whereby Touch AF + Release is now possible in all AF modes), and a more advantageous Auto ISO behavior (whereby the priority is now set to the correct exposure). Q2 photographers also requested a faster DNG writing speed, which has now been improved by the factor 2x, as well as a faster transfer speed of images to the Leica FOTOS App, which has been increased by 50 percent.
- 14.02.2020 Leica Camera AG introduces a new variant and two special editions lenses for the Leica M Leica Camera AG presents three new lenses for the Leica M-System: the silver anodized APO-Summicron-M 75 f/2 ASPH. as well as the limited-edition Summicron-M 28 f/2 ASPH. and APO-Summicron-M 90 f/2 ASPH. in an olive green “Safari” finish. The technical specifications of the three new lenses are identical to those of their serially produced counterparts. All three lenses are available from end of February.
- 21.01.2020 NEW: Leica Geovid 3200.COM For the 2020 ShotShow, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a completely redesigned Leica Geovid full of innovations: the Leica Geovid 3200.COM. For the first time, the new Geovid models enable rangefinding up to 3,200 yards (2,900 meters) and, in combination with the specially designed Leica Hunting App, convenient input of individual ballistic settings – via smartphone.
- 21.01.2020 Leica Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM With the new Leica Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a rangefinder with unparalleled performance up to 3,500 yards (3,200 meters). The Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM is also the first model to feature a powerful class 3R laser. In combination with the specially designed Leica Hunting App and integrated Bluetooth connection, the new Leica Rangemaster offers superior rangefinding and precision as well as intuitive operation.
- 21.01.2020 NEW: Leica PRS 5-30x56i riflescope With the new Leica PRS 5-30x56i, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a top-class riflescope for long-range sport shooting – in a perfect design. Its magnification range of 5x to 30x offers a wide array of uses – from long-range target shooting to competitions over extreme distances and under the most difficult conditions.
- 17.01.2020 Leica M10 Monochrom: black-and-white photography enters a new dimension of quality Leica Camera AG has taken the next step forward in its successful digital black-and-white photography concept and presents the new Leica M10 Monochrom. With a newly developed 40-megapixel black-and-white sensor, the next camera generation delivers exceptional pictures that achieve an entirely new level of quality in black-and-white photography.
Leica Camera AG and Insta360 Announce Strategic Partnership to Reinvent the Action Cam
Today Leica Camera AG and Insta360 announced a partnership aimed at bringing true innovation and state-of-the-art imaging quality to the action camera and 360-degree camera spaces.
The announcement coincides with the launch of the Insta360 ONE R, an adaptive action camera that uses a unique interchangeable camera module to combine the creative freedom of 360-degree capture with the precision and resolution of traditional single-lens shooting.
201919.12.2019 Leica M10–P ‘White’: the new colour option comes in a set with a Summilux-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH. lens Available from today, the Leica M10-P ‘White’ is a new colour option of the iconic Leica rangefinder camera. The all-white design of the current M10-P camera takes its cue from the extremely popular Leica M8 White Edition released in 2009: The top and bottom plates are finished in white paint and are colour matched with the camera’s high-quality, genuine leather trim in white. Silver control elements with engravings picked out in white ideally complement the design concept of the Leica M10-P ‘White’.
LOBA 2020: Leica Camera AG elevates the prestige of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award in honor of its 40th anniversary
In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the respected Leica Oskar Barnack Award, Leica Camera AG further heightens the prestige of the award with a new nomination-based submission process.
In a shift away from the traditional application-based model, the Leica Oskar Barnack Award will consider finalists and ultimately select winners based on nominations from 70 world-renowned photographic experts from over 30 countries. With this nomination process, the honor of being chosen as a finalist is an esteemed accomplishment of its own, as they are recognized and hand-selected by some of the most respected figures impacting the world of photography.