201915.11.2019 Return of the iconic glass Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) is relaunching an observation classic: the Leica Trinovid. The new Trinovid binoculars from Leica pay tribute to the iconic glass of the 1960s: Shapely, slim and elegant in a classic binocular design featuring black leather, they are a statement, a timeless accessory and a rugged companion in one.
- 14.11.2019 Leica CL ‘Edition Paul Smith’: Special limited edition of the compact, high-performance Leica system camera Leica Camera AG presents a new special edition of the CL compact system camera. Leica CL ‘Edition Paul Smith’ is now the second special edition created in collaboration with the acclaimed British designer, Paul Smith. The classic black Leica CL has been given a design makeover by Paul Smith and now appears in a colourful and striped look. With its rich accent colours and unique styling elements, the eye-catching special edition is a must-have for connoisseurs of unique objects.
- 06.11.2019 A New Icon: Leica Camera Announces the New Leica SL2, Successor to the Trailblazing Leica SL Building on the foundation established in 2015 with the visionary Leica SL-System, Leica Camera proudly introduces the Leica SL2, the storied brand’s new icon and next evolutionary step towards building the perfect all-purpose camera. By listening closely to the valued feedback of photographers and existing SL owners, Leica made many efforts to push the envelope of technological innovation and performance while respecting its heritage of design and legacy.
- 29.10.2019 On 23 November, the auction house Leitz Photographica Auction will be holding its camera auction in Vienna and again offering numerous photographic rarities Under the new name ‘Leitz Photographica Auction’ (formerly WestLicht Photographica Auction), the next, and now 35th, Camera Auction will be held in the Hotel Bristol in Vienna on 23 November 2019, starting at 11 a.m. ‘Leitz Photographica Auction’ is one of the world’s leading auction houses for classic and vintage cameras and photographica, and has firmly established itself on the international scene. The highly experienced and successful Viennese auction team works in close collaboration with the globally active and networked company Leica Camera AG, to offer even more potential buyers from around the globe the chance to bid for spectacular collector’s pieces and rarities at exciting auctions.
- 17.10.2019 Walter Vogel has been honoured with the Leica Hall of Fame Award Walter Vogel – his repertoire of subjects is diverse, and his style is unmistakeable. Whether as a chronicler of the social background of the Ruhr Region, a cosmopolitan travel photographer, an avid fan of the circus, a nighthawk of the cabaret and night club scene or a lover of espresso coffee: the experienced eye and perfect precision with which he documents his times in unforgettable images is instantly recognisable. In November, Walter Vogel will be honoured for his lifework and his indefatigable and exceptional engagement as a photographer at the Leica Galerie Wetzlar and will take his place as the next photographer in the Leica Hall of Fame. A selection of his photographs will be on view at the Leica Galerie Wetzlar from 14 November 2019 to 27 January 2020.
- 26.09.2019 Leica Camera AG and Yuneec announce strategic technology partnership Leica Camera AG and Yuneec have today announced their agreement on a strategic technology partnership. This announcement presents the jointly developed ION L1 Pro Camera, which will be marketed with the Typhoon H3 Multicopter from Yuneec. Leica Camera provided support in the specification and development of hardware components and the image processing software. The consequence of this is outstanding image quality, intuitive handling, professional image processing capabilities and iconic Leica design. The joint development of the ION L1 Pro Camera is to be seen only as the first step in the collaboration between Leica Camera and Yuneec.
- 17.09.2019 New: LEICA M MONOCHROM “Signature” by Andy Summers A flawless union of supreme craftsmanship, rock ‘n’ roll and photography comes to life with the introduction of Leica and Fender Custom Shop’s limited-edition camera-Stratocaster® guitar pairing. Created in collaboration with Andy Summers, an accomplished photographer, former member of the Grammy® award-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted band The Police and one of the greatest guitarists in the world, the LEICA M MONOCHROM “Signature” by Andy Summers camera represents a striking synergy of music and photography.
- 03.09.2019 Mustafah Abdulaziz is the winner of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2019 The winners of this year’s long-established and internationally acclaimed Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) photographic competition have been chosen. In the main category, ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’, American photographer Mustafah Abdulaziz convinced the five members of the jury with his series titled ‘Water’. In the category ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer’ for up-and-coming photographers up to the age of 28, German photographer Nanna Heitmann won the award with her project titled ‘Hiding from Baba Yaga’.
- 15.08.2019 Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH.: A versatile standard focal length has been added to the lens portfolio for the Leica SL and other L-Mount systems Leica Camera AG has expanded the Summicron-SL lens family with another high-performance lens: the Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH. Its focal length makes the new SL-Lens extremely versatile and recommends it for use in almost any situation – for instance, reportage and travel photography, studio work, architectural, landscape, portrait, close-up or documentary photography. As is the case with the other Summicron-SL lenses, the APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH. sets standards and takes its place as the new reference lens among the standard focal lengths.
- 01.08.2019 Leica Geovid "2019 Edition" Leica Geovid binoculars, the benchmark in laser rangefinding, are reliable, indispensable companions for many hunters. Beginning in August, Leica offers the Geovid 8x42 HD-B 3000 and the Geovid 10x42 HD-B 3000 in a special “2019 Edition” – with new, olive-green armoring. Both models will be available in limited quantities only until March 2020.